Tuesday 26 April 2016

Digipak FINAL

This is my final digipak design in which I have included a spine with additional institutional information, the record title, a catalogue number, the band logo. In addition to this I have included a plastic CD holder in my inside panel. In addition to this I have acted on audience feedback and re-positioned and downsized the 'Nothing records' logo into the corner of the back panel. I have also included an "MP3 download" to reinforce the conventions seen on a digipak and emphasize the notion of the consumer "getting more for their money". This increase in value is a prime characteristic of the digipak and it is a fundamental separator from the conventional Jeweled CD.


In addition to this, I have chosen to include several extra artwork in the digipak but have not advertised this on the front as this is not conventional. The extra artwork is alternative shots of the digipak as well as intertextual references to the sunspots music video. This is seen in the image of Kristian wearing the same eye makeup as in the sunspots music video.


*(Separate shots)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure your comment is appropriate for publishing all comments are vetted before publication.